Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1½ hr
Yields: 18 servings
3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
3¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
2½ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons lemon extract
3 large eggs
1½ tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind (about 2 lemons)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with the breadcrumbs.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; stir well.
4. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Gradually add the sugar and lemon extract, beating until well blended.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and beat for 30 seconds.
8. Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
9. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 mins., or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
11. Combine 2 tbsp lemon juice and powdered sugar.
12. Drizzle glaze over top of cake.
13. SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE VARIATION.
14. Substitute vanilla extract for the lemon extract. Omit the juice and rind in the cake.
15. Substitute milk for the juice in the glaze.